Facts About Plastic
- 460 billion plastic bottles produced in 2016
- Less than 50% recycled
- 7% turned into new bottles
- A Styrofoam cup takes 50 years to biodegrade
- A plastic bottle takes 450 years to biodegrade
- On average, over 200 plastic bottles were found per 100m on beaches in the UK last year
- Plastic is found in 1/3rd of all UK-caught fish including Cod, Haddock, Mackerel and Shellfish
In 2016, 460 billion plastic bottles were sold throughout the world. To break that down, that’s 1 million per minute. With less than 50% of those
bottles being recycled, single use plastics, that take years to biodegrade, are having a devastating effect on our oceans and marine life with over
10 million tonnes winding up in our oceans every year. The plastic bottle you might buy today will still be here when your grandchildren’s grandchildren
are grown up. We need to act now to combat the effect that single use plastics are having on the World.
Get started from less than £2.50 a month
Our mission is plain and simple; help reduce the volume of usage of single use plastics.